You have the power to change the world! Yes, you! Stop telling yourself that you’re useless. Everyone is capable of being used for a greater purpose and it all starts with embracing your truth. Your story can save the life of someone else. That’s powerful! Don’t let your past determine the outcome of your future. Embrace your truth, explore your gifts, and own it! Everything you need to succeed is already inside of you. You only need to tap into it.
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3 NIV
Have a happy and safe weekend!
I was tired of high Sundays and low Mondays. I was battling anxiety, depression, and my own personal demons. I was an expert in running away and I was exhausted! I needed something more; more than a quick prayer at alter call or a social event filled with games, cute quotes, and sweet treats. I was hurting, abused, broken, and wounded. I am the girl who broke every church rule (seemingly) and I was fed up! I knew what I needed and undoubtedly it was up to me to get it.
I engulfed myself in the Word of God and made the decision to become completely entangled in His love. I pursued the love of God like my life depended on it…essentially it did…it was all that I had left, my last shot before giving up.
It happened at that moment. God met me there when I surrendered.
That’s where the healing started, where the journey began.
This is one of the many sayings I’ve heard throughout my childhood though I didn’t fully come to understand it until adulthood.
I’ve always struggled with truly loving myself which in turn made it difficult to simply be myself. I’ve always sought the approval of others, trying to “fit in” places where I didn’t belong placing myself in (I’m sure you can imagine) uncomfortable situations. I was notorious for using phrases like ” I don’t care what people think of me” (girl stop!), hoping that if I said it enough, i’d come to believe the lie. Needless to say, it didn’t work; not until I had an authentic encounter with the God who saves!
We all have struggled with authenticity and
the need the want to blend in. The truth of the matter is that we need to blend out! We were all uniquely created in the image of God to be and do what God has called us to. I have come to realize that I don’t need the approval of others, but only the the validation of Jesus Christ. You don’t have to lower your standards or be someone you’re not either. If someone is asking you to change who you are to “fit in”, clearly this is someone that you don’t need in your life. Shake the dust off your feet and move on. Remember that you are created in the image and likeness of a great God and child be who you is! You are enough.
I’ve decided to challenge myself to trust God like never before. I’m currently 13 into the 40 day Trust Without Borders Challenge by Arabah Joy. It has been an interesting experience to say the least. I’ve seen highs and lows these past two weeks, from new job offers to marital struggles. I’ve done my best to keep it together but today I’m feeling the weight of my faith walk like never before. I have no idea what God is doing! I’m overwhelmed with anxiety, fear, and frustration. I feel as though something has knocked the wind out of me. What am I to do? (Insert sarcasm here) Should I wallow in self-pity? Should I run away like so many times before?
I refuse to give the enemy the satisfaction of seeing me defeated. What I will do however, is pick myself up, put my big girl boots on, and fight…and by that I mean fight with prayer and the word of God. As I take a moment to give these burdens to the Lord, I’m reminded that God is not the author of confusion; He will never leave me nor forsake me; and every believer’s all-time favorite, Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
The word of God gives me life and I gain strength as I shift my focus from my “problems” to His purpose. Does this mean that life’s perfect or suddenly every problem has disappeared? Absolutely not! It changes my perspective and allows me to grow in faith, enabling God to do greater things with me and through me. Today, I encourage you to shift your focus and keep trusting. It’s not always easy but it IS worth it.
What does your faith walk look like?
- I am only 4’11” tall. I used to wish I was taller! 😛
- I’m a bit shy. Not really a fan of large crowds.
- I have an ungodly obsession with cheese, chicken and chocolate…not all together though! 😀
- I love to read.
- I am a hopeFUL romantic! Yes, I’m a sucker for a love story.
- A Different World is my favorite TV show of ALL time!
- I love to travel and I think cruises are the best thing ever!
- I LOVE to laugh. I’m all kinds of silly!
- I can get along with just about anyone. I am way too nice!
- Proper grammar, intellectual conversation, and sense of humor = Turn-Ons
- I love all things girl: Hair, Makeup, Shoes, etc.
- I am terribly indecisive. 😕
- I often place the needs of others above my own. It’s a gift and a curse.
- I love to shop but I hate the mall!
- Music is my therapy…I love all genres.
- My favorite color is purple but I sure love that Pink and Green! 😉
- I am addicted to coffee. I can literally drink it all day!
- My inner circle is very small. I’ve been hurt too many times!
- I am a true country girl. I grew up on a farm and enjoy the beauty and serenity of nature…but not the things that crawl! 😆
- Last but certainly not least, I LOVE the Lord! The most elegant of words cannot begin to explain just how much I do. He is my everything. For me, it’s not about religion, it’s about relationship!
There you have it, a few fun facts about me. Now it’s your turn. What are some fun facts about you? Can’t wait to see!